Hi all,

when we set out the list of things we want to talk through before doing a vote
on the FoundationDB proposal was improving our onboarding situation.

Thanks to Isabel Drost-Fromm from the ASF, I found out that one angle of this
is currently under development already: training materials for companies that
want employees to get into ASF projects. As far as I can see there isn’t
anything available just yet, but it looks like we’ll get one or more companies’
existing onboarding material made available for all ASF projects.

While this doesn’t cover CouchDB specific project onboarding, or anything in
particular to the FDB proposal, it’s a major step forward.

Here are a few links to follow along (some of these require ASF membership):

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/98abf47b0b93237675e0040e1e091642f7eca6a161c164adb5f5c91f@%3Cdev.community.apache.org%3E

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6a7d7204fc6689b745b85e47f9e6d5ea2cb1457c775c42985c3c2158@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0c43536299c67458f316919b89319169157266703f1e0c0cda6513e8@%3Cprivate.kafka.apache.org%3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFNE0IpKOxU