Hello everyone,

As of about 5 minutes ago, all of the remaining known CouchDB 3.0.0 issues have been resolved. We're ready to cut releases!

I've just pushed 2 new branches:

  * 3.x - this is the long-term maintenance branch for CouchDB 3.x
  * 3.0.x - this will be the maintenance branch for 3.0.0 and all
    point releases

I've filed a ticket with INFRA to have these branches protected the same way as master, i.e. no direct commits to the branches, everything must go through PRs.

Also, 4.x development is now clear to merge to master.

Since it's the weekend, I think I'll cut the RC on Monday, first thing. We can get started with testing then.

-Joan "finally! it's happenin' to me" Touzet