  GET /{db}/_all_docs?limit=20&page=3

I know that I'm always going to get document 41 through 60 in the default collation order.

There's a *fantastic* summary of examples from popular REST APIs here:

https://medium.com/@ignaciochiazzo/paginating-requests-in-apis-d4883d4c1c4c

We are *pretty close* to what a cursor means in those other examples, except for the fact that our cursor can go stale/invalid after a short time.

Bob, could you be a bit more detailed in your explanation how our definition isn't close to these? Or did you mean SQL CURSOR (which is something entirely different?) If so, I'm fine with this being a REST API cursor - something clearly distinct.

I come back to wanting to preserve the existing endpoint syntax and naming, without new endpoints, but specifying this new FDB token via ?cursor= and this being the trigger for the new behaviour. At some point, we simply stop accepting ?since= tokens. This seems inline with other popular REST APIs.

-Joan "still sick and not sleeping right" Touzet

On 2020-04-23 12:30, Robert Newson wrote:
cursor has established meaning in other databases and ours would not be very
close to them. I don’t think it’s a good idea.

B.

On 23 Apr 2020, at 11:50, Ilya Khlopotov <iil...@apache.org> wrote:

The best I could come up with is replacing page with
cursor - {db}/_all_docs/cursor or possibly {db}/_cursor/_all_docs
Good idea, I like {db}/_all_docs/cursor (or {db}/_all_docs/_cursor).