Hi everyone,

Thanks to some personal connections and the support of ASF Infra, Apache CouchDB now has GitHub Discussions enabled on our repository:

  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/discussions

Right now, we're beta testing this (in conjunction with MS/GitHub and the ASF) as a new user support channel. You may have already seen us move a few Issues over to Discussions, where they now belong.

We're hoping that this gives people a friendlier way to build community around CouchDB, one that doesn't require mailing list membership or joining a possibly-intimidating Slack channel. Please feel free to use the Discussions to ask for help with CouchDB, share ideas, show us what you've done with CouchDB, offer thanks to the team, or post things you learned and want to share with others.

One key feature is that we hope to give more recognition and affordance to our non-committer contributors through the Discussions platform. Stay tuned for more info.

As more Discussions features become available, we'll make use of them to customize our space there, including linking to our project "bylaws"/rules and code of conduct.