OK thanks for the clarification. As I said I wasn’t all that confident I
understood the design :)

I like the idea that the b+tree is only used for incremental aggregations,
rather than storing the entire materialized view, for the same reasons that
Garren stated.

An index maintained entirely in ebtree has the interesting property that it
does not leak any user data into FDB Keys, which could be attractive for
security reasons.

Adam