+1 to all the proposed cuts.

I’m keen to see couch_server.erl itself go, so its remaining uses need new
homes (couch_passwords an obvious choice for the hashing referred to, etc).

I’m inferring that neither purge and global_changes work on main anyway, but
they can still be called and will route to 3.x code. Agree that it’s better to
stub those out (send a 503 I guess?) in the short term and either re-implement
on FDB or (as Joan said) vote on their permanent removal. (Noting that a much
better implementation of purge and global_changes seems possible with FDB
though less clear if the effort is justified).

So, in brief, remove absolutely all the obsoleted, unreachable code as soon as
possible, then once the dust has settled we can see if there are obvious gaps
we should fill in before the 4.0 release.

B.