Hi all,

I’m also an end user and maintainer of a fork of Colin Skow’s Superlogin
(https://github.com/perfood/couch-auth) who is running a few single node
CouchDBs with a few thousand per-User DBs.

I agree with the general tone of Ronny’s mail - keeping things simple and
having a low entry barrier for folks who want to write apps with CouchDB
without worrying about the backend is how I’ve gotten into using it. Same for a
few users of my library that I’ve been in touch with.

I’m very excited about Jan resuming the work on document based access control.
To me, this would make the difference between „DB per user is clunky +
annoying, but works OK if you want to build an offline-first app“ to „data is
all in one place, we can properly query data across users and I’d recommend
CouchDB to anyone“.

Kind regards and thanks to you devs,

Fynn