On 18 August 2012 12:48, Robert Burrell Donkin <rdon...@apache.org> wrote:
> Chip :-)
>
> On 08/16/12 21:38, Chip Childers wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> This issue is entirely my fault.  I was using the US spelling of
>> organisation.
>

> (I always get a bit confused about which is which...)
>
> I'll add a FAQ
>
> but...
>
> The parser could pick this up...
>
> Might be a good idea to log a warning and then handle both spellings[1]
>
> Opinions? Objections?

This is a general issue with Maven poms - invalid tags are not
rejected or even reported.

I'm not sure it's worth supporting alternate spellings - where does one stop?

For example, in the UK licence and license are noun and verb
respectively (cf. advice and advise, which is easier to remember) but
the US seem to use license for both. There may be other possible
variations, if not now, then when new tags are added.

If it's easy to report any unexpected tags, then it might be worth
doing so, but I think the code should only accept one spelling.