Hi,

Am 28.03.24 um 09:41 schrieb Claude Warren:
I got back to looking at 366 and discovered a problem that I think has been
lurking in the system for some time.  Basically, if a file has the
signatures for more than one license only one will be reported, and the
selection of which one is (I think) random.

thanks for analyzing this issue, which explains some random test failuress ..... :(

<snip>

My suggestion is we report all license matches and let the user decide what
to do.

I'm in favour of reporting as many licenses as possible, but assume this will break the current report format, that is optimized for one license only.

Not sure if downstream users have problems with that change?!

Would we have a maximum license number or could this result in an "endless" list of reported licenses, if a file with "all" thinkable license files is provided to RAT? Initially I thought of adding a new analyzer/reporting state "MULTIPLE" that is reported in the scan and a detailed report that lists up to x (maybe 3 or 5?) maximum licenses per file - WDYT?

My plan is to create a branch that reports multiple matching licenses and
then merge that into RAT-366 to resolve the problem.  This should give us
all a chance to review the change before it gets added to the already large
RAT-366.

+1

Thanks for your deep dive into RAT!

Cheers,