If the XML looks like:

<resource name='src/test/resources/elements/dummy.jar' type='ARCHIVE'>"
   <license approval="true" family="MIT  " id="MIT" name="The MIT License"/>
   <license approval="true" family="AL   " id="AL" name="Apache License
Version 2.0"/>
</resource>

The output as defined in the default.xslt would be:

 A src/test/resources/elements/dummy.jar
    MIT         MIT        The MIT License
    AL           AL          Apache License Version 2.0

So all the enclosed licenses are reported for the jar itself.  If you want
a report of what is in the jar you can run Rat with the jar as an argument.
There is no change to the XML format (resources don't have child resources)
and all reports that have been modified for multiple license reporting,
should work without modification.

Claude