Greetings,

Gary Gregory has put forth an argument that Builders are logically an
instance of Suppliers and should implement Supplier.  At first I disagreed
with this stand but on reviewing gang of four documents and several
examples of implementing the Builder pattern in Java I find that there is
no strong argument against that position.

My question is should we accept that Builders are Suppliers and implement
them that way?  This means that we would expect that a builder would have a
"get()" method to retrieve the built object.

If we go this route I think that we should deprecate the build() methods
and have the current build() implementation call the get() method.

Claude