iDash and others have medical NLP datasets that could be used for ctakes
"Getting Started" examples
http://idash.ucsd.edu/nlp-and-data-modeling
http://idash.ucsd.edu/nlp/umls-vm

the GOOD: iDash already includes ctakes
the BAD: iDash references old versions ctakes and points to cabig (which is now
defunct)

Recommendation: we should talk to iDash, create "hello medical world" training
examples, and request iDaash point to the cTakes Apache home page.

Disclaimer: I'm not involved with iDash