I'm trying to understand what would prevent the AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor
AE from correctly parsing specific problems that are defined in the UMLS
version used by cTAKES.

For example,
CIN (Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia) in its general usage is parsed out as
UMLS CUI C0206708.

CIN comes in 3 grades, 1, 2 and 3. Sometimes this is reported with Roman
Numerals, I,II, and III.

cTAKES correctly identifies "CIN 3" and "CIN III" with UMLS CUI C0851140:
"Carcinoma in situ of uterine cervix."

However, I cannot get it to recognize CIN 1, CIN I, CIN 2, or CIN II as their
correct concepts, "Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 1" and "Cervical
intraepithelial neoplasia grade 2" respectively.

Is there a way to tune the detection of UMLS concepts?

Ted Assur
IT Solutions Architect for Cancer Research
Providence Health & Services
ted.as...@providence.org
503-215-6476

Crede, ut intelligas.
Intellego, ut credam.

This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified that you
may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete this
message.