I believe that Grape (like Maven) caches failures. It might be necessary to
delete any cached info on that artifact from your local grape repository
before you try again. Btw. there you might (or might not) be able to find
additional information on why the download failed.

Check out the trouble-shooting section in the DKPro Core Groovy recipe page:

http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/wiki/DKProGroovyCookbook#Trouble_shooting

on cache flushing and on enabling verbose information on Grape downloads.

-- Richard