Sorry, I don't know if there was a reason.

If you haven't checked with Guergana, you might want to ask her if she had a
reason or if it was just the way it had been since that corpus was created.

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Timothy [mailto:timothy.mil...@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:34 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: question about sentence segmentation

Thanks James, I was hoping to hear from you. I'll probably go ahead and
change the data to split sentences between the list header and list element.

You don't happen to know if there is any principled reason for the
original style or whether it was just an arbitrary convention? The only
thing I can think of is it might be hard to learn when to separate when
there is no period after the list header (as in your examples). I think
it's worth empirically checking on that point, but there might be other
reasons that I'm not thinking of.

Thanks
Tim