A project I inherited uses cTAKES 2.5 and modified the PAD Term
Spotter to detect the presence of the disease we're interested in.
After searching the archives, it looks like the PAD term spotter was
removed, but I couldn't find info as to why.

I would like to migrate our code to the latest version of cTAKES. I
could just create an annotator and port the code and put it in the
pipeline, but it looks like cTAKES has had many enhancements since
2.5. I wasn't sure if a more generic disease annotator was put in
place and disease specific annotators are not a good route.