Sean & Pei -- Glad it can be useful!  Haven't done this before, so please
bear with me.

Pei:
I've signed up at issues.apache.org; I'll open an issue and attach some
code sometime in the next week or so.
Is Java 8 ok?

Sean:
Our type-system tweaks are oversimplifications; I didn't wrap my head
around the relation-extraction KR.  May I sanity-check with you?

So, let's see... there's org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textsem.LabMention,
whose labValue is a ResultOfTextRelation... which I don't see actually used
in the codebase... but whose arg1 seems as if it should be (a
RelationArgument wrapping) the lab concept annotation (e.g. "weight" or
"Albumin"), arg2 the value annotation (e.g. "46 kg" or "2.2").

Does that seem right? If my understanding is incomplete/incorrect, please
let me know.

Thanks,
-Kean