Where I'm at with avoiding "URI is not hierarchical" caused by ctakes-lvg
when using ctakes as maven dependency (not installing the convenience
binary)

LVG documentation indicates it needs the LVG HSQLDB to not be in a jar, but
something that can be accessed by a java File object.  I'll test that out
to make sure, but assuming it can't:

The change I've been working on builds on the existing approach of copying
files out of the ctakes-resources jar at runtime

While copying the lvg database out of a jar for the dev environment
(running from source) works where 1) it's a dev environment and 2) we have
just a subset of the full LVG database outside the jar so you don't have to
copy out of the jar unless you want to, it doesn't seem best to copy the
full LVG database out of a jar when using ctakes as maven dependencies. The
ctakes-resources lvg dependency is >1GB. If we are going to extract files
from there, we would want to consider handling what if there's not enough
space, plus document that it's going to take a while.  I want to think more
about this and also get your input on this alternative:

Documenting that if someone is going to use ctakes as maven dependencies,
and if you want to use LVG, then you download the LVG resources yourself
and unzip them. And we'd document where to put them.  If the LVG database
is not found outside a jar, throw an exception telling user to download
(and unzip it)

Going to pick this up again another day (hopefully tomorrow) since there's
a workaround for now.

-- James