From: Matthew Vita [mailto:matthewvit...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2017 6:02 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: HSQLDB out of memory with custom dictionary

Hi Sean, Tim, cTAKES Community,

I have put together what I am considering a pretty standard dictionary with
sources from the following:

   -

   MEDLINEPLUS
   -

   MSH
   -

   NCI
   -

   NDFRT
   -

   CHV
   -

   CSP
   -

   ICPC2P
   -

   MEDCIN
   -

   SNOMED
   -

   RXNORM
   -

   ICD10

However, when copied over to cTAKES (handled by the handy Dictionary Creator
GUI) HSQLDB runs out of memory.

This is my first experience with HSQLDB so you’ll have to excuse my limited
knowledge here. I do understand that it can run either in-memory and on disk,
but I’m not sure how to configure this.

Here is how I am connecting to it:

  <dictionary>

    <name>sno_rx_16abTerms</name>

    <implementationName
>org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.dictionary.UmlsJdbcRareWordDiction
>ary</
implementationName>

    <properties>

      <property key="jdbcDriver" value="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver" />

      <property key="jdbcUrl" value=
"jdbc:hsqldb:file:resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/sno_rx_16ab/sno_rx_16ab"
/>

      <property key="jdbcUser" value="sa" />

      <property key="jdbcPass" value="" />

      <property key="rareWordTable" value="cui_terms" />

      <property key="umlsUrl" value="
https://uts-ws.nlm.nih.gov/restful/isValidUMLSUser"; />

      <property key="umlsVendor" value="NLM-6515182895" />

      <property key="umlsUser" value="CHANGE_ME" />

      <property key="umlsPass" value="CHANGE_ME" />

    </properties>

  </dictionary>

  <dictionary>

Can I configure HSQLDB to be used on disk? If this is not a good approach, can
I spin up MySQL in its place?

Sorry if this has asked before.

Thanks,

Matthew Vita
www.matthewvita.com
you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender or system manager by email immediately if
you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing,
copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and against the law.