Good evening,

I ran a few sentences through default clinical pipeline.

It really reliable if it's only one term after negative, but I am get
in-consistent value for polarity for the list of terms.  Please see example
below.

1.   denies fatigue, malaise, fever, weight loss
SignSymthomMention:
polarity = -1:  fatigue, malaise,fever
polarity = 1: weight loss.
Why does weight loss got single out?

2.   denies ear pain or discharge, nasal obstruction or discharge, sore
throat
polarity = -1: ear pain or discharge
polarity = 1: nasal obstruction or discharge, obstruction, sore throat
Doesn't even acknowledge the list.

3.   denies back pain, joint swelling, joint stiffness, joint pain
polarity = -1: back pain, Swelling
polarity = 1: Joint swelling, Stiffness, pain
What! totally messy the pattern.

4.   denied back pain, joint swelling, joint stiffness, joint pain
Ok, may be it doesn't like the word denies; I changed to denied, deny, etc..
polarity = -1 : Swelling
everything else is 1.

My question is:
How do I handle the negative claims in the document?

Thank you
Kathy