Good Morning,

1. I have a term for x-ray that has different spelling such as x.ray,
x.rays, xray, xrays, etc...
I see several files in resources\org\apache\ctakes\assertion\semantic_classes
folder.
I created x-ray.txt with all the terms above and hoping it will do the
trick.  No luck.
Is there a way to link all this term to x-ray without have to modify fast
dictionary for every x-ray entries?

2. This might not have solution, but I'll ask anyway.  Looks like the terms
has to be exact match to terms in cut_terms table.  Example document has
"x-ray right elbow" or "elbow x-ray".  In the dictionary, I have "x-ray of
elbow" and "x-ray of the elbow".  Is there a way to pick up both of entries
in the dictionary without using black box (list)?  The term "left" and
"right" might be important in some instance.

3. This sample is kinda related to #2.  Document has term "diabetes" in one
sentence.  Down several pages, it has more specific term such as "
retinopathy" and  "controlled with insulin".
What is the best way to handle this?  Do you suggest I add "'retinopathy".
Does cTakes has term dependency?

It picks up.  (E08-E13) is wide range of codes.
PREFTERM VALUES(11849,'Diabetes Mellitus').
ICD10CM VALUES(11849,'E08-E13').
PREFTERM VALUES(11860,'Diabetes Mellitus, Non-Insulin-Dependent')
ICD10CM VALUES(11849,'E11').

I should also have pick up these, but didn't because of the exact match.
INSERT INTO CUI_TERMS VALUES(11884,0,3,'retinopathy ;
diabetic','retinopathy')
INSERT INTO CUI_TERMS VALUES(11884,3,6,'retina abnormal - diabet -
relat','diabet')
INSERT INTO CUI_TERMS VALUES(11884,1,2,'diabetic retinopathy','retinopathy')
INSERT INTO CUI_TERMS VALUES(11884,0,2,'retinopathy diabetic','retinopathy')

Snip of Sample text:
chief complaint: Patient came in complaining of having chest pain.
Procedure: chest xrays.
Problems:
Type 2 diabetes
depression