Hi Sekhar

The predictions item in your list of objectives is very tricky and cTakes,
or indeed any software system will only get you part of the way there.  CDS
(clinical decision support)  researchers have been on this path for many
years and it is clear that even an hybrid human/computational system is
limited in its accuracy & predictive ability.  And with medicine, a miss is
as good as a mile - as the saying goes.

As to your vocabularies question - if you don't already know the SNOMED
clinical ontology, and RxNorm resources I suggest you have a look.  cTakes
can fish out the appropriate CUIs and SNOMED term ids, and the ontologies
will help  you draw the lateral links through common parents - or in your
specific example, therapeutic classes.

- Peter