Thank you all for the support!
Sean, Kean the labValueFinder works as described so thanks for pointing that
out!

Peter, I will ask for your help with the LookupWindow if you could please spare
a bit more time... I have located the  UmlsOverlapLookupAnnotator file, thank
you for that.

I have located in the UmlsLookupAnnotator (in ctakes-dictionary-lookup-fast)
<name>windowAnnotations</name>
            <value>
               <!--  LookupWindowAnnotation is supposed to be a refined Noun
Phrase  -->

<!--<string>org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.LookupWindowAnnotation</string>-->
               <!--  In some instances LookupWindowAnnotation is missing tokens
and Sentence can be used -->

<string>org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Sentence</string>
            </value>

I have gone through various java and typesystem files but I am not sure where I
can find all the potential options for the Lookup Window and where/how I can
set these. Also, if you could please let me know where in the code it is
possible to see what symbols are considered "end-of sentence". I have noticed
that ":" sometimes defines the end of a sentence but I haven't located anything
relevant in the code ...

Peter says :
> > Sometimes you need to further customize your dictionary. (can you please
> > elaborate ?)

Many thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Eugenia Monogyiou | NTT Data UK
Consulting & IT Solutions Ltd. 1 Royal Exchange, London EC3V 3DG