I did a different implementation in my own rest service where I
instantiated not only a fresh cas, but fresh pipeline for each threadpool
object.  It's memory hungry but safe - running for weeks with 35
simultaneous threads & zero errors.   I wasn't convinced that all the AEs
were thread-safe to let them be shared.  So have a look at how the REST
server sets up its threadpool and what it does after the service has
completed a request in terms of releasing resources.  On RHEL, you may also
need to increase your ulimit if you're getting connection refused errors
under heavy load.  I discovered that....

Peter