Hi Tim,

Yes, I've definitely encountered it.   It happens when the concept has a
CUI_TERM which has matched the text, but there is no corresponding entry in
the SNOMED or other vocab table mapping CUI to SNOMED.  The obvious choice
is to use the covered text as a surrogate, but technically it could be PHI
if that matters to you.  The other thing is to see if there's an MSH term
that maps using the metathesaurus.  If so, including MSH in your dictionary
as a src AND dest vocab will solve the problem.

Peter