Hi Muhammad,

Can you please copy & paste the contents of your piper file?

Thanks,
Sean
From: Muhammad Ali Syed <ms...@ncsu.edu.INVALID>
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2022 2:30 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: SmokingStatus & Side effects - piper file [EXTERNAL]

* External Email - Caution *

Hi there,

I am exploring cTakes Smoking Status & Side Effects components and have not
come across any piper file version of their implementation. When trying to
incrementally add AEs to FullTokenizerPipeline.piper from these 2
components I am running into issues such as:
- getting ResourceInitializationExceptions - when adding
ClassifiableEntries (did set UimaDescriptorStep1Key
and UimaDescriptorStep2Key) I tried add individual AEs from step1 and step2
and ran into other issues
- exceptions such as in PcsClassifierAnnotator_libsvm (added to pipeline
after adding
KuRuleBasedClassifierAnnotator): java.lang.NullPointerException at
libsvm.svm.svm_predict(svm.java:2343)

My question is: can these 2 components (containing multiple AEs) be
implemented by piper files as of now? In other words, can any pipeline,
that can be created using XML descriptor files, be also created by piper
files?

Is there any sample piper code for pipelines that include either of these
components?

Regards,