My recollection was that we ran into issues in previous attempts at migration
with the large file sizes in our repo.
Tim

On Thu, 2022-06-02 at 20:55 +0000, Finan, Sean wrote:

* External Email - Caution *

Thank you Gandhi and Richard.

Unless somebody else beats me to it I will perform some research and see what
approaches can be used and which might be best.  In the end the cTAKES Project
Management Committee will need to vote for any action as sweeping as moving to
github.

Sean

From: gandhi rajan <

<mailto:gandhiraja...@gmail.com>

gandhiraja...@gmail.com

Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2022 9:02 AM

<mailto:dev@ctakes.apache.org>

dev@ctakes.apache.org

Subject: Re: Apache cTAKES GitHub mirror is stuck in 2019 [EXTERNAL]

* External Email - Caution *

Hi Sean,

If we are sure that the SVN has all the latest changes and active

development is primarily on SVN, then why don't we request a fresh git

repository and push all the changes over there.

More info on

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://infra.apache.org/svn-to-git-migration.html__;!!NZvER7FxgEiBAiR_!rXFMCtlZM4NpDPkgzeq-X2pj1rNwzQNTpZkMZXDoYiZKdJp0n4tDY6q9IcsGRPGrA6KhvmouV_1y_txDVok-tGy3dVLaqefQlQ$>

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://infra.apache.org/svn-to-git-migration.html__;!!NZvER7FxgEiBAiR_!rXFMCtlZM4NpDPkgzeq-X2pj1rNwzQNTpZkMZXDoYiZKdJp0n4tDY6q9IcsGRPGrA6KhvmouV_1y_txDVok-tGy3dVLaqefQlQ$

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 5:52 PM Finan, Sean

<

<mailto:sean.fi...@childrens.harvard.edu.invalid>

sean.fi...@childrens.harvard.edu.invalid

> wrote:

Hi Richard, you bring up a valid concern.

cTAKES Developers:

The Apache Foundation has had an initiative to "move" all projects to

GitHub for some time now.

I don't know much about how this is done.  If anybody out there has

knowledge or experience that they can pass on, please share.

Thanks,

Sean

From: Richard Eckart de Castilho <

<mailto:r...@apache.org>