Hi Peter,

Privileges for the GitHub repository are the same as they were for the old SVN
repository.  Anybody who is an Apache cTAKES Committer then should have write
permission for the repository.

You do need to have a GitHub account and connect it to your Apache account.
There are a couple of ways to handle it and I did this myself quite a while
ago, but I think that the most direct method is:

  1.   Visit the Apache Account Utility at https://id.apache.org/
  2.  Log in with your Apache username and Apache password.
  3.  Halfway down the page, enter your GitHub Username in the first box
labeled "Your GitHub Username".
  4.  Save Changes.

I think that it takes several hours for the system to establish the connection,
at which point you might get some kind of notification email.

Regarding the NegEx, ZoneAnnotator and anything else that you might have
locally, please do check it in!  For some reason I thought that the Negex
change was done a long time ago, but I wasn't really paying close attention.
Thanks again for the improvements!

Cheers,
Sean