Shifting this thread back to the main ctakes thread where it belongs...

Hi Joel,

>From your dump, it looks as if the main concept dictionary is missing.

*"No Resource at
resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/sno_rx_16ab/sno_rx_16ab.script"*

It's currently configured to run with a standard but older dictionary.  But
first we need to establish whether you have a UMLS api-key that gives you
access to use that vocabulary resource.  If not, here's where to begin
https://documentation.uts.nlm.nih.gov/rest/authentication.html

The dictionary in question is rather dated and intended to be a sample.  I
found it here:
https://github.com/CDCgov/NLPWorkbench/blob/master/ctakes-patch/resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/sno_rx_16ab/sno_rx_16ab.script.
Once you have your UMLS license you can also download the entire UMLS
vocabulary resource onto your machine, then run the cTakes Dictionary
Creator application  to build the vocabulary you need.  It selectively
fetches the parts you want from the UMLS files and builds a database for
use in cTakes.  I think most cTakes users build their own dictionaries
after they've become familiar with the application.

There are also models you may need, but not have.    These large binary
objects got shifted when the source was transferred onto GitHub and I'm not
sure where they are stored now.    Others on this thread will know.

*But first I recommend you get your license key and follow the instructions
about how to configure it into the WAR file.*    I haven't used that module
before and it's probably been a decade since I last used apache tomcat.  In
any case, you will continue to get a rather cryptic resource initialization
error until you've passed the API  key correctly.

I'm about to head off to Europe, so you may need to lean on another
resource to get started.  That's why I've cc'd the ctakes thread and you
can take it from there.

Peter