On Jul 18, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Mohan Radhakrishnan wrote:
Hi,
      Lots of helpful information.

Looks like gathering some performance metrics about CXF JAXWS +JAXB also could be an important criterion. Do you have suggestions to measure
this type of metric ?

We have a "benchmark" directory which could be a staring point. Last I tried with Axis2 (was 1.4 at the time), the JAX-WS support wasn't quite good enough to get it working though. Metro/RI has other issue. The "doJob" method needs a little updating to actually check if the response received is correct (which would affect results). Under load, the RI tends to send back invalid responses, but doesn't throw and exception. The "numbers" look great, but aren't "real". (at least with the 2.0 version of the RI, haven't tried the 2.1 version)

Moreover one reason we use XMLBeans for our client is because they want w3c compliance( 100% ? ) . I think we can also use XMLBeans with CXF.

With 2.1.x, there is limited XMLBeans support. There isn't much tooling around it though. Thus, it's a bit tricky to work with.

Is your JAXB implementation as compliant with w3c as XMLBeans ?

No idea, but definitely not 100%. There was a message just last week about a schema construct that didn't work with JAXB.

Dan

Thanks,
Mohan