Hi,

I think you mean how to throw the fault from the JMS transport.
Basically , if you throw the fault from a CXF interceptor, CXF's
interceptors chain will take care of it and build the fault message and
throw it out.

If you want to check the Content type , you could write an interceptor
and load it with your soap jms transport. But I think  you could take
the soap binding (SoapBindingFactory) as an example, and put this kind
of checking as a work of soap jms binding.

Just my 2 cents,

Willem