From: Tong, Gary [mailto:gary.t...@morganstanley.com]
Sent: 11 July 2009 16:57
To: dev@cxf.apache.org
Subject: JAX-RS Request Matching Wierdness

Hello,

Hey guys, just fyi, CXF's jax-rs doesn't do request matching correctly.
According to JSR 311 in section 3.7.2, the jax-rs server is supposed to
apply a series of steps to determine which URL to use for the request.
Instead, CXF applies a path filter at the class level, and then returns
the first entry it finds.  Specifically the code that does this is in
JAXRSUtils.selectResourceClass:

        if (!candidateList.isEmpty()) {
            Map.Entry<ClassResourceInfo, MultivaluedMap<String, String>>
firstEntry =
                candidateList.entrySet().iterator().next();
            values.putAll(firstEntry.getValue());
            return firstEntry.getKey();
        }

Not sure if you guys know about this.

Cheers,
Gary

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy, and notify sender. Sender
does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email
is prohibited when received in error. We may monitor and store emails to
the extent permitted by applicable law.