On Thu January 14 2010 4:42:16 am Rex Wang wrote:
> Dear devs
>
> I see the cxf adopt a different approach to make bundles. That is, make 2
> separate distributions named "cxf-bundle" and "cxf-bundle-minimal" to
> contain the different set of components.  But in our osgi based project, we
> don't need all the jars included in the above 2 bundles, but only part of
> them. So, seems we need to make a customize bundle ourselves which only
> contains the necessary bundles.
> Could you have any plan to bundlize each jar like what axis2 did so that we
> don't have to make an individual cxf bundle?

Unfortunately, making each jar a full bundle is not something we can do until
3.0 time frame as we have some packages that are split across jars.  (like the
API stuff in cxf-api, but the impls in the other jar, but in the same package)

Bundle fragments are a possibility, but not something we've looked into at
all.   Patches would be welcome.   :-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org