Hi

> > 3. Part of 2 (prioritize) : Please consider allocating time on ensuring
> > that
> > a CXF (programmatic) user can vouch for a consumer automatically. If
> > Autonomous profile can help then it is fine but I'd appreciate you
> thinking
> > abut it more, looks like this issue has not been covered.
> >

> OK

In that handy diagram you linked to I'm assuming it is steps 3-4. There's
some redirection going on there and a user is also presented with an
authorization page. I hope this can be handled with the refactoring
HttpConduit a bit and injecting a redirection handler. However, perhaps you
might want to start with the assumption that a user uses a browser, so you'd
just likely start from implementing OpenAuth authorization filters for the
server keeping protected resources as well as from a consumer getting all
the tokens it needs, but once it is done we can focus on the user auto
vouching for the consumer/application - Dan and others can help there as
well...

> > > in the client module:
> > > - credentials data (i.e. client_id, client_secret) used for
> > authentication
> > > with the authorization server
> > > - selection of used OAuth flow to authenticate with the authorization
> > > server?
> > > - additional parameters required in some flows i.e. callback_url
> > >

> > I'm not quite clear how it will be implemented. This is the consumer
> which
> > will try to access protected resources on some other server on behalf of
> > the
> > owner. So it will need to act as a JAXRS server endpoint too, so that the
> > ServiceProvider can contact it and tell it that an owner is willing to
> let
> > it access and say read and print some photos ?
> >

> The client would work like a 'application' described in flow diagram:
>  http://developer.yahoo.com/oauth/guide/oauth-auth-flow.html
> So, the client with given client_id and client_secret can automatically
> obtain an access token and refresh token.
> I hope I didn't ommit something:)

Sure, I just mean that a client module will likely has to be implemented as
a JAXRS server as well so that it can be contacted and then act as a
client/consumer, as far as getting token is concerned, etc

thanks, Sergey