On Monday 18 October 2010 7:57:50 am Guillaume Sauthier wrote:
> OK, I need a little help on this.
>
> I'm trying to imlpement the new HTTPClientPolicy "NonProxyHosts"
> attributes. Ideally, I would like to directly have in the bean a Pattern
> so that it's only initiallized once at parsing time.
>
> How to deal with that in JAXB ?
> It's simple to add a String attribute in the schema resulting in a new
> property in the generated bean, but how can I convert it into a regular
> Pattern ?
>
> Some ideas ?

You'll probably need a jaxb binding file for the http-conf.xsd.   Not a huge
deal.

It would need to do two thing:
1) For this element, it would need to set the java class to Pattern (or
whatever)

2) Provide parse and print methods. (which would have to be added to a utility
class in HTTP component someplace.

Here is an example for a Calendar thing:

  <jxb:bindings schemaLocation="hello_schema2.xsd" node="/xs:schema">
    <jxb:globalBindings xmlns:jxb="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxb";
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
      <jxb:javaType name="java.util.Calendar" xmlType="xs:dateTime"
parseMethod="javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter.parseDateTime"
printMethod="javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter.printDateTime"/>
    </jxb:globalBindings>
  </jxb:bindings>

However, that sets it on a global level which isn't what you'd want.  You
would need to xpath it into the right element and set it that way.

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org