On Friday 29 October 2010 5:33:39 pm Robert J. Liguori wrote:
> Sorry, can't help here...  I'm just trying to get up to speed with CXF and
> providing my input as I go along.
>
> Perhaps I should hold back on my input until I am more familiar with the
> framework.

No.  Don't worry about that issue.   One of the best ways of learning is to
dig in, ask questions, try things out.

What Benson is more or less alluding to, though, is that it's probably a good
idea to tackle things that would just have smaller, localized scopes of
affects as a starting point and then work larger.   Mucking with the top level
poms is a global scope kind of thing that can impact huge chunks of the build,
affects things like the automated builds we have running on hudson, eclipse
setups, the kit building,  etc....   Thus, changes there need to be done in
very small, well reviewed steps.   A big patch that does a lot at once doesn't
work very well.

From your other issues you've logged, updating javadocs, fixing compiler
warnings, dealing with deprecation issues, etc... are all more or less
localized things which are perfect.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp