Hadrian,
We discussed a specific instance in private. I was happy to accept
your guidelines given your position as PMC Chair of Apache Camel and
will abide by them. As the existence of this thread evidences, the
boundaries of what is acceptable for companies to place on a project
site is not clear for the CXF community and they are seeking to form a
clear position. This is particularly important now that multiple
companies with marketing departments are offering commercial products
based on CXF.
While you may disagree with my position about the appropriateness of
the content allowed to be placed on Apache projects from commercial
entities, my position is still a valid one that deserves to be aired.
I understand your position and think it is also a valid position.
However, the community has not decided on its position and that is the
only position that ultimately matters.
As for having to police the wiki, it is not the reason for becoming a
commiter. However, it is one of the responsibilities of being a
commiter. If there was an agreed upon consensus for what is
appropriate then self-policing is possible. However, without that
consensus everyone is right.
Eric