Greetings to Apache CXF development community.

My name is Yaroslav Porshnev and I applied for Google Summer of Code
with proposal of adding WSDL 2.0 support.

I would like to work on this project as it corresponds to my Master
studies in Service Engineering where an important role is devoted to
Web Services. The project allows me to widen my knowledge and have
excellent practice in this area.

Unfortunately I’ve heard about GSOC  only at the beginning of previous
week, so I had only few days to find interesting project and create at
least draft version of the proposal. I understand that its current
version very raw an lacks some important information like timeline and
plan of realization, but I decided to give at least some outcome
instead of waiting for next summer.
Do you have some kind of wiki or other place where I can put my
proposal and revise it? I think with your advices I can make better
variant by the end of this week.

I am currently exploring CXF and things that should be done for the
realization of the project and I have several questions.

First of all, is this WSDL 2.0 support interesting to the development
community? As I can see from Jira, this issue was created almost 5
years ago, and since then there were not much activities. Or maybe I
as a newbie don’t see some fundamental difficulty in its realization?

As I understand one of the main goals here will be modification of
existing set of tools for WSDL->code and code->WSDL transformation.
Will it also involve any modifications of existing architecture?

I would highly appreciate any ideas and advices.

Best regards,
Yaroslav Porshnev.