Hi

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Biju Nair <biju74tec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Just for clarification,
> If I have a Employee bean as follows,
> class Employee{
>    String name;
>    Address homeAddress;
>   //getters and setters are there
> }
>
> class Address{
>    String line1;
>   String line2;
>   //getters and setters are there
> }
> there is a rest service as String update(@FormParam("") Employee employee)
>
> In the current approach, we need to pass request data as *
> name=Joe&homeAddress.line1=MyLocation&homeAddress.line2=MyStreet*
>
> which means we need to have homeAddress as case sensitive right? and it
> won't work with "homeaddress.line1" right?

No, the comparison is case-insensitive.

> Also later if we try to change the variable names we need to ask all the
> clients to change the request params. Am I right or something missing here.

I guess some care has to be taken with regard to refactoring the bean
class which is meant to capture the input from
remote clients.

If you have a User.setAddress() method which is meant to capture an an
'address' property then yes, if you go ahead and remove it or rename
it to setUserAddress then yes, "address" property won't be injected -
but customers does not have to be affected in such cases - replacing
the form submission payload can be easily done on the server side, ex,
at the RequestFilter level or better yet, by providing a custom
MessageBodyReader which extends CXF FormEncodingProvider and overrides
its populateMap method - let superclass to read the data and then just
replace the key 'address' with say 'customerAddress'

Look, as I tried to say in the previous email, it's basically not
about CXF solution is better then yours, etc :-). I just don't think
we should have two solutions for this case 'shipped' with CXF. The CXF
one may not be ideal but it has its benefits too, one of them is that
WADLGenerator can understand such beans when generating query or form
parameters, etc, the other one is that JAX-RS proxies understand how
to deal with them, etc.

I'd encourage you to help us to improve the existing solution if you
find some drawbacks. Maps are not supported for example.

Thanks, Sergey

Cheers, Sergey