Hi

It is time to return to this thread with more modules being and about to be added to the trunk

On 20/09/11 12:07, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
Hi

What do you think of dropping a couple of modules for 2.5:

- both rt-bindings-local and rt-bindings-object seem to do the same
thing, I recall there were some interesting discussions around these two
modules awhile back :-), but today I guess it's more important which
module we actually encourage users to use. If it is rt-bindings-local
then lets drop rt-bindings-object or the other way around

Can I hack either of those modules on the trunk only, the users definitely use the collocated support, the question is, do we have an indication of which module is actually used or both of them can be used ? If it is the latter, can users migrate to the which will be kept in 2.6 (assuming of course that one module is removed) without any major problems ?

- cxf-rt-bindings-http - dropping it for 2.5 would encourage existing
users to finalize their migration to JAX-RS

I'm poised to remove it on the trunk only, we got one +1 from Eric, any concerns about deleting it ?

Cheers, Sergey

I guess we can continue keeping the above modules, was just thinking if
we could compensate somehow the fact that the new modules are being
added, with more to come...

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin