On Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:55:00 AM Aki Yoshida wrote:
> 2012/2/6 Johan Edstrom <seij...@gmail.com>:
> > to be quite honest I got hijacked in the client changes Dan did for the
> > http transport, I kinda like those global conduits, but I'm thinking
> > people might want a very spring similar approach in http and httpj:?
>
> I haven't followed up on that change. I think the locally encapsulated
> configuration is practical in some uses cases.

Agreed.

> In contrast, the
> central configuration thing is a very useful thing when considering
> the management of the sensitive information.

The design I went with has it configuring the conduit based on the "global"
stuff first, then deferring down into the normal Bus configuration.   Thus, if
you have local configuration present, it can override anything you have set
globally.     The main gap right now is that you can only provide local
configuration through Spring, not blueprint.     Working on that would be a
huge help.

> In that direction, I
> thought that we could also eventually use the apache HTTPClient (if we
> could use it for the http conduit) and refer to it from the conduit?

The is perpetually on my "todo" list.  :-(    The branch with that work is now
horribly out of date.   I'm not sure how much on that branch is even still
usable.  I worked on that during the middle of the 2.3.x development so it's
closer to the 2.2 API's.   There's been a lot of cleanup and refactoring so
I'm not sure what is involved in grabbing that code again.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog