As far as the providing Fedix CXF extensions, the one for making the IDP server running on top of CXF JAX-RS, as an alternative to the existing servlet option, is definitely part of the 2nd release plan,

I'm wondering though if the CXF JAX-RS filters for protecting the endpoints as part of SAML-P/Redirect flows (currently incomplete) which I prototyped based on Colm's tests would belong to the Fediz project or not, at the moment I'm assuming that not as they kind of supposed to work even when non Fediz IDPs are around,

It's a minor issue though, as Fediz is going to become a star sub-project :-)

Cheers, Sergey