Up to you, as far as I'm concerned, but two new branches one quarter
separated from each other seems like it would be adding a lot of additional
(busy)work -- CXF itself does not move to a new branch with that kind of
frequency.  If what you're planning for Release 1.2 can be added to Release
1.1 in a backwards-compatible fashion (it seems like it, as it's just new
functionality), you might wish to remain with just 1.0.x and 1.1 branches.

Assuming the number of containers that Fediz will support will grow, I
wonder it it might be more advantageous to split them out into a separate
product, potentially compatible with all versions of Fediz, so you won't
need to maintain the plugins on multiple branches.  Probably too early to
think about now, but potentially food for thought later on.

Glen

Oliver Wulff-2 wrote