On 31/10/12 14:45, Daniel Kulp wrote:

On Oct 31, 2012, at 7:15 AM, Christian Schneider<ch...@die-schneider.net>
wrote:

Hi all,

currently we use a mix of log4j and util logging in CXF-DOSGi.

That definitely should be fixed.   Not sure why we would have had a mix like
that.

I just saw that zookeeper changed their logging to slf4j. It seems their
current release is not completely correct but I am sure they will soon work
fine with just slf4j as an import.
As CXF-DOSGi only runs on OSGi and slf4j is the simplest way to support logging
on OSGi I propose we switch the logging to slf4j. So we are in line with Apache
Karaf and Zookeeper.

The main concern I would have had is if any of the CXF-DOSGi code used the
Messages.properties resource bundles for the logging messages like the main CXF
code does.  However, I just did a quick search through the DOSGi code and don't
see any of them.  Apparently not used there.

it is a good point though. I wonder if the CXF style should be preserved in CXF-based DSW ? May be no one will notice,

Cheers, Sergey

Thus, I don't really have any major objection to it.

Dan

Please also see the two related issues in jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-135
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-132

So what do you think?

Best regards