So, I find myself in a situation where CXF provided a very convenient
path to accomplish something that has now led me to a very convenient
brick wall.

It was very convenient to set up work dispatching in a system by just
implementing SOAP/JMS endpoints with CXF. Now, however, I have a
performance issue that cries out for batches.

I'll probably solve this in some completely different way, but I'm
left thinking; what would a 'batch' endpoint even look like? Would it
look just the same, but a configuration parameter would cause it to be
called once for each of the N messages in a batch, with some sort of
callback to 'commit' at the end? Or would it involve getting arrays of
inputs some how?

Does anyone else find this remotely interesting?