Hi Rex,

For me normally having the address fixed in the wsdl is not a good idea.
For example if we move applications through the DTAP the endpoint address
is changing based on which environment you are working/testing. If the
address is fixed in the wsdl, I would need to create wsdl version per
environment and every installation for example. Of course an build per
environment could solve this hassle but having a dynamic address creation
based on the environment where you are running on is often the thing that
you would like to have. If needed you can always override it with the
property as you mentioned.
I am not sure that is the story behind the scene :) but just my opinion.

regards,
John