So next question.

What would make most sense?

Modify wsdlgetinterceptor to not abort chain so the gzip out interceptor
can handle request.

I was thinking if stax out interceptor executes before wsdl get interceptor
the xml writer is already open

Then if a wsdl or xsd request I want to avoid executing the soap request
stuff.

Seems like a big change but is probably reasonably clean approach.

Or alternative is to execute gzip out interceptor logic in wsdl get
interceptor.