I just checked the release dates of the last 2.4.x, 2.5.x and 2.6.x versions.
Closed 2.4.10 05-Oct-2012
Closed 2.5.11 16-Jul-2013
Closed 2.6.16 07-Oct-2014

So I think it is reasonable to expect 2.7.x to be closed sometime
later this year, that means to have only a few more releases on 2.7.x.

Maybe we can already mention in the 2.7.15 release note that there
will be only a few more releases planned (2~3).