Hi David,

Thank you very much for bringing up this interesting feature. At this very
moment it is a bit early to say that the component is going to be accepted
and will make it way into Apache CXF codebase. However, it may indeed become
very useful. What do you think if we start with discussion on what problem(s)
and use case(s) you are going to solve with CXF/Hystrix, how integration is
going
to be designed (you already put some rought design notes), how it is going to
be used in existing/new applications build on top of Apache CXF.

Please let us know if it would make sense to you.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

https://netflix.github.io/Hystrix/javadoc/com/netflix/hystrix/HystrixCommand.html