> On Nov 29, 2015, at 6:58 AM, Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
> wrote:
>
> For jira there is a group cxf-developers but we also have a lot of people
> added directly to the permissions.
> So I directly added you there.
>
> I will check with Dan how both systems are managed and will document it in
> the wiki.

There are three places:

1) The unix/ldap group - this really just controls git repo and the ability to
deploy to repository.apache.org.  Only the PMC chair can update this. (well,
actually any PMC chair so any of you that are a chair for another PMC could run
the command.  I’d be OK with that.  I personally prefer having multiple people
be able to handle some of this to avoid me being any sort of bottle neck if I’m
traveling or on holiday or something)

2) JIRA - jira is not tied into LDAP at all.   This is a separate account and
you need to add the user ID into the appropriate “Role”.   We USED to use the
cxf-developer group, but updating groups requires JIRA admin access which they
don’t really allow anymore so each developer added since then needs to be added
to the individual role as appropriate.

3) Confluence - again, not tied to LDAP.   You can add the individual user to
the appropriate permissions for the space.   However, a couple of us do have
“user admin” access (not many of us do, again, not granted to many) and can put
people in particular groups.  For the most part, any ASF committer could/should
be added to the asf-cla group which automatically has access to CXF’s space and
nothing needs to be done as we grant edit access to everyone that has signed
the cla.   Francesco was never added to the group so I did update his groups to
include that  in addition to the cxf-developers group.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog